MUSIC / GENERAL

RIP Joey Jordison

Posted by Imperator on 7th August, 2021 @ 13:03 UTCBy Imperator on 07-08-2021 @ 13:03 UTC

Nice little video put together by the band in remembrance of the great Joey Jordison who passed away on 26th July.

Slipknot were my #1 band at one point, my first introduction to really heavy music, and I think there's an element of truth in what Joey said regarding Iowa being the "heaviest album ever made". While there are of course things like Marduk's "World Funeral", any Teitanblood album, or a thousand other examples in Black/Death Metal, I think if you were growing up in the early 00s and listened to Iowa, there was really nothing else like it, and there probably still isn't anything that manages to be that heavy while also being so musical and mainstream.

Also, I think anyone could have been behind those masks and the band would have achieved the same level success (at least in terms of execution, no idea about songwriting), with two exceptions. Corey Taylor's vocals and Joey Jordison's drumming, they truly elevated Slipknot a tier above the rest of extreme nu-metal bands of the day. At the time I considered Joey a living god, and I know I wasn't the only one.

I've been disconnected from Slipknot for so long that it's still slightly surreal to think Joey passed away.

Tags:
slipknot

0 Comments
for 'RIP Joey Jordison'

No comments yet.
Leave a comment
for 'RIP Joey Jordison'

Leave a comment
for 'RIP Joey Jordison'

Create an account or log in to post comments.

Latest album reviews

Reviews for Urfaust - Untergang
Untergang (2023)
Netherlands Urfaust
89% 4.5 star rating
By Warblackmetal666
Reviews for Seigneur Voland - Consumatum Est
Consumatum Est (2003)
France Seigneur Voland
92% 4.6 star rating
By Warblackmetal666
Reviews for Maȟpíya Lúta - Wowahwala
Wowahwala (2023)
United States Maȟpíya Lúta
99% 5.0 star rating
By Warblackmetal666
Reviews for Wayfarer - American Gothic
American Gothic (2023)
United States Wayfarer
95% 4.8 star rating
By ScorchedEarth

Poll #8: AI Generated Artwork

What do you think about bands using AI to generate the artwork for their album covers?

It fucking sucks: 38.5% (5 votes)
It sucks: 38.5% (5 votes)
Not bothered / undecided: 15.4% (2 votes)
It's okay: 7.7% (1 vote)
It's great: 0.0% (0 votes)

It fucking sucks: 38.5% (5 votes)
It sucks: 38.5% (5 votes)
Not bothered / undecided: 15.4% (2 votes)
It's okay: 7.7% (1 vote)
It's great: 0.0% (0 votes)

Total votes: 13

Support Lycanthropia.net

Buy albums online through our site's links

Whenever you buy albums (or anything else) through our site, we receive a few cents for each sale.

This helps us to pay server costs, and remain advert-free. Thank you for your support.

Report an error
Report an error on this page
Return to top
Page loaded in 0.20 seconds
Loaded in 0.20 s.