"RIITIIR", the brand new album by Norwegian veterans Enslaved, has been released today through Nuclear Blast, marking their 12th full length album.
Norwegian Viking / Progressive Black Metal veterans Enslaved have today released their 12th full length album and one of the most anticipated metal albums of the year, "RIITIIR". Earlier in the year one of Enslaved's songwriters and founding members, guitarist Ivar Bjørnson, revealed some details behind the concepts on "RIITIIR" through the band's offical Facebook profile:
The album is, as mentioned, entitled RIITIIR - a self-made 'Norse-ified' version of the words 'Rites' / 'Rituals.' RIITIIR = 'The Rites of Man,' to put it in a formulaic and easy way. There is no story with a timeline; again we've built structures that lay above the independent lyrics that we feel more comfortable with letting the reader explore, interpret, or simply discard themselves.
Throughout the summer, the band made a promotional video available for the opening track "Thoughts Like Hammers":
The complete track list for "RIITIIR" is as follows:
- Thoughts Like Hammers
- Death in the Eyes of Dawn
- Roots of the Mountain
- Storm of Memories
Enslaved was formed in Haugesund, Norway, in 1991 by Ivar Bjørnson and Grutle Kjellson who at the time were 13 and 17 years old respectively. Enslaved have gradually evolved from a more traditional Black Metal sound at the start of their career, gradually incorporating more Pagan / Viking Black Metal elements and eventually shifting towards Progressive Black Metal at the end of the 90's.
Over their 21 year history, they have released a total of twelve full length albums, as well as three demos, three EPs and a couple of split albums, including the famous "The Forest Is My Throne / Yggdrasill" split with Satyricon released in 1995.
While Enslaved's current sound is a matter of taste among Black Metal fans, many of Enslaved's early albums are widely regarded as classics, most notably "Vikingligr Veldi" and "Frost", both released in 1994. Also, check out our list of the Best Enslaved Albums for a full list.
Although the album has been released today through Nuclear Blast Records in Europe, the release date for North America is set for the 9th of Octobter. Enslaved - RIITIIR is currently available on Amazon.com.
Last edited by Imperator on 5th March, 2021 @ 13:02 UTC
- New Verberis album "Adumbration of the Veiled Logos" streaming online in full
- Inexorum streaming latest album in full
- Pestilent Hex streaming new album online in full ahead of next week's release
- Sever premiere new track from upcoming demo tape
- Inferno reveal new music video
- Veter Daemonaz premiere debut album
- New Khold album out now and streaming online in full
- Saor "Origins" album streaming online in full
- Nubivagant streaming new album in full
- Sigh release new music video from upcoming album
Latest forum threads
- Forum: Random songs #4 (32)
- Album: Chaos Moon - Languor into Echoes, Beyond (1)
- Album: Orgg - Dimonios (2)
- News: Google Chrome Extension for BBMA Searches (2)
- News: New Bekëth Nexëhmü track streaming online (1)
- Album: Leviathan (USA) - Massive Conspiracy Against All Life (2)
- Forum: Modern Black Metal Classics (3)
- Album: Aphelion (USA) [α] - The Chill of Heavens Abandonment (1)
- Album: Oss Nebes - Миф (1)
- News: Nubivagant release opening track from upcoming album (1)
- Forum: Random songs #4 (32)
Latest album reviews
Recent & upcoming releases
- Massemord (NOR) - Den Svarte Sjelen01/06:
- Kreator - Hate über alles03/06:
- Striborg - The Fields of Rapacious Blood06/06:
- Denouncement Pyre - Forever Burning17/06:
- Krallice - Psychagogue17/06:
- White Ward - False Light17/06:
- Kawir - War of the Giants23/06:
- Belphegor - The Devils24/06:
- Hats Barn - Y.A.HW.E.H24/06:
- Khold - Svartsyn24/06:
- Saor - Origins24/06:
- Hulder (USA) - The Eternal Fanfare01/07:
- Tombs - Ex Oblivion13/07:
- Imperial Triumphant - Spirit of Ecstasy22/07:
- Witchery - Nightside22/07:
- Dimmu Borgir - Northern Forces over Wacken29/07:
- Isengard - Vandreren29/07:
- Einherjer - Norse and Dangerous05/08:
- Sigh - Shiki26/08:
- Behemoth (POL) - Opvs Contra Natvram16/09:
- Hetroertzen - Phosphorus Vol I16/09:
- Thou Art Lord - Daemoniorum21/09:
- Venom Inc. - There's Only Black23/09:
On This Day
1998: Trelldom released "Til Et Annet...", their second full-length album. (Pictured)
Whenever you buy albums through our site, we receive a few cents for each sale, at no extra cost.
This helps us to stay online, and advert-free. Thank you for your continued support.
We are also on Patreon.