A few small functionality changes have been made to the site.
Firstly, as you may or may not have noticed, our YouTube channel was cancelled this morning due to "copyright infringement", so our 1,000+ videos are no longer available. We would like to thank everyone who supported our channel, but at this moment we are not planning on creating another one.
Secondly, we have applied some changes to the site's functionality this week, as well as clearing up a few minor bugs:
- We have divided the list of bands by initial letter for easier navigation and clarity, as well as applying the correct alphabetical order for special characters (ä, ø, é, û, ...).
- Our list of countries is now also in correct alphabetical order.
- After voting, the displayed poll results are now ordered by total votes in descending order, instead of the previous alphabetical order.
- The "Please Wait" screen that appears after using the search box will now also appear when switching band / country / year / genre in the corresponding drop-down boxes.
- Social network sharing options have been removed from the title area, and are now limited to appearing only on specific album, band and news item pages.
- The social network icons next to the logo in the site header now link directly to our social network profiles instead of simply serving as a "share" tool.
- The Random Album tool will now also show albums that haven't been rated yet.
- Several barely perceptible design changes have been made, such as font size, column width and border colour.
- Some bugs that only appeared in some versions of Internet Explorer have been resolved.
- We have added a small note at the beginning of our Top 100 Black Metal Albums list to hopefully prevent certain people from feeling offended and occasionally littering our inbox with unnecessary complaints.
- And finally, we decided it was time to change the site's background image. As you can see, it's nothing drastic, but a refreshing change nonetheless.
There are more changes lined up for the next version of the site, but this is all for now. Please let us know if you notice any irregularities with the site, whether they be related to these changes or not.
More Site News
- Mavorim put out tracks from upcoming demo box-set
- Precieux Sang reveal opening track from upcoming debut
- Debut Aerdryk album out now and streaming in full (1)
- Sodom put out "1982" single
- Debut Oerheks album out now and streaming online in full
- Lustre release new "Thirst" single
- Hanghedief reveal track from upcoming EP
- New Imperathron song online from upcoming debut
- Blodhemn release new "Fraa Djupet" single from upcoming album
- New song from Sigh
Latest forum threads
- Forum: Random songs #4 (47)
Latest album reviews
Recent & upcoming releases
- Demonic Resurrection - Decades of Darkness22/07:
- Imperial Triumphant - Spirit of Ecstasy22/07:
- Witchery - Nightside22/07:
- Dimmu Borgir - Northern Forces over Wacken29/07:
- Isengard - Vandreren29/07:
- Einherjer - Norse and Dangerous05/08:
- Hexis - Aeternum26/08:
- Hierophant (ITA) - Death Siege26/08:
- Lustre (SWE) - A Thirst for Summer Rain26/08:
- Sigh - Shiki26/08:
- Behemoth (POL) - Opvs Contra Natvram16/09:
- Hetroertzen - Phosphorus - Vol. I16/09:
- Mork (NOR) - Den Svevende Festning16/09:
- Thou Art Lord - Daemoniorum21/09:
- Abhor (ITA) - Sex Sex Sex23/09:
- Nordjevel - Gnavhòl23/09:
- Venom Inc. - There's Only Black23/09:
- ColdWorld - Isolation30/09:
- Firtan - Marter30/09:
- Moonspell - From Down Below - Live 80 Meters Deep30/09:
- Power from Hell - Shadows Devouring Light30/09:
- Blodhemn - Sverger Hemn07/10:
- De Profundis (GBR) - The Corruption of Virtue07/10:
- Goatwhore - Angels Hung from the Arches of Heaven07/10:
- Abduction (GBR) - Black Blood21/10:
- Sodom - 40 Years at War - The Greatest Hell of Sodom28/10:
- Mamaleek - Diner Coffee30/10:
- Black Anvil - Regenesis04/11:
On This Day
Whenever you buy albums through our site, we receive a few cents for each sale, at no extra cost.
This helps us to stay online, and advert-free. Thank you for your continued support.
We are also on Patreon.