Norwegian Black Metal band Vreid have made one of the songs from their upcoming album available for streaming online.
Norwegian Black Metal band Vreid will soon be releasing their upcoming full length album, titled "Welcome Farewell", through Indie Recordings next month, but for now the band has made the song "Way of the Serpent" available for streaming online exclusively at the Norwegian Pyro webzine.
Click here to listen to "The Way of the Serpent".
Back in November the band made another song, "The Reap", available for streaming online exclusively at Terrorizer Magazine.
The complete track list for Welcome Farewell is as follows:
- The Ramble
- The Way of the Serpent
- The Devils Hand
- Welcome Farewell
- The Reap
- Sights of Old
- Black Waves
- At the Brook
In october one of the band's founding members, Jarle "Hváll" Kvåle, released a studio report with some insight into the new album:
We have released 3 albums on Indie Recordings, and it has worked out tremendously. The band and label have grown together over these years, and we are very satisfied that we have now re-signed a new deal with Indie Recordings.
2 years after we started writing new riffs, our new beast is now complete. It's been a lot of work, but we are utterly pleased with the result. Dark, heavy and Vreid are the 3 keywords to describe it. The artwork takes us in a new direction this time, and is done by the wizard Kim Holm. His work is spectacular and he has captured the music and lyrics beyond words. In February the new album will see the light of day, and we can't wait to unleash it, and come out and play for you again.
Here is the studio report video:
Vreid can trace their origins back to the legendary Norwegian Black Metal band Windir. After a career spanning a decade with four brilliant albums under their belts, the band's creator Terje "Valfar" Bakken sadly died from hypothermia after getting caught in a snow storm while walking in the Sogndal Valley. The band released a compilation album and played one final show in Valfar's memory before putting Windir to rest. Three bands were formed out of the ashes of Windir: Mistur, Cor Scorpii and Vreid.
Vreid - Welcome Farewell is now available for pre-order on Amazon.com, while previous albums by both Vreid and Windir are widely available for order. The release date for the new album is scheduled for the 22nd of February in Norway, Germany, Sweden and Austria, with a 26th of February release set for the rest of Europe. The North American release date is scheduled for the 5th of March. Stay tuned for further updates.
Last edited by Imperator on 5th March, 2021 @ 10:18 UTC
- Wampyric Rites streaming new EP in full
- Azathoth's Dream present track from upcoming debut
- Sulphur Aeon streaming new track
- Iku-Turso premiere new track from upcoming EP
- Herzog presents "Melted Tesseract"
- Uada streaming "Crepuscule Natura" in full
- New track from Demoncy (1)
- Heretoir release new single
- Den Saakaldte put out new music video
- New Endstille album streaming online in full
Latest forum threads
Latest album reviews
Recent & upcoming releases
- Dantalion - Fatum08/09:
- Kvelertak - Endling08/09:
- Uada - Crepuscule Natura08/09:
- Mayhem (NOR) - Daemonic Rites15/09:
- Shade Empire - Sunholy15/09:
- Shining (SWE) - Shining15/09:
- Von Goat - Bad Bong15/09:
- Desaster - As the Deadworld Calls 202318/09:
- Cruel Force - Dawn of the Axe22/09:
- Profanatica - Crux Simplex22/09:
- Den Saakaldte - Pesten Som Tar Over29/09:
- Hate Forest - Sowing with Salt29/09:
- Primordial - How It Ends29/09:
- Waldgeflüster - Unter Bronzenen Kronen29/09:
- Wolves in the Throne Room - Crypt of Ancestral Knowledge29/09:
- Eldamar - Lost Songs from the Ancient Land06/10:
- Heretoir - Nightsphere06/10:
- Revenant Marquis - All the Pleasures of Heaven06/10:
- Sühnopfer - Nous Sommes d'Hier06/10:
- Hegeroth - Disintegration09/10:
- Furia (POL) - Huta Luna10/10:
- Fortíð - Völuspá13/10:
- Krieg - Ruiner13/10:
- Stortregn - Finitude13/10:
- Sulphur Aeon - Seven Crowns And Seven Seals13/10:
- Aldaaron - Majestic Heights, Melancholic Depths20/10:
- Aegrus - Invoking the Abysmal Night27/10:
- Iku-Turso - Ikuinen Kirous27/10:
- Wayfarer - American Gothic27/10:
- Peste Noire - Antioche31/10:
- Mortuary Drape - Black Mirror03/11:
- Tetragrammacide - Typho-Tantric Aphorisms From The Arachneophidian Qur'An03/11:
- Watain - Die in Fire - Live in Hell03/11:
- Mephorash - Krystl-Ah10/11:
- Sodom - 198210/11:
- Aeternus - Philosopher17/11:
- Crimson Moonlight - Abaddon24/11:
- Panopticon - The Rime of Memory29/11:
On This Day
1992: The Hauketo Church in Oslo, Norway, was set on fire, with no suspects.
Poll #8: AI Generated Artwork
What do you think about bands using AI to generate the artwork for their album covers?
Total votes: 8
Log in to cast your vote.