Austrian Black Metal band Valfeanor have just released their third full length album, titled "The Eerie Constellation".
Austrian Atmospheric Black Metal band Valfeanor have just released their third full length recording. The album is titled "The Eerie Constellation", and was released on the 25th of March through Austrian label Cursed Records.
The album features the following tracklist:
- Lethe Jenseits
- Lethe Diesseits
- The Eerie Constellation
- Chaos Nova
- The Elegy and Reverence
The track "Lethe Diesseits" was already made available for streaming in December on the label's YouTube channel:
Additionally, the track "Kratores" was made available on the band's SoundCloud profile:
Cardinalis Desderoth, the band's vocalist, bassist and founding member, commented the following regarding the new album:
I have worked much harder on this album that either of the others, mainly because musically I wanted to take it in a much more complex direction. Like many musicians who have played in relatively well-known bands I find it very irritating that certain critics always have to judge one band against the other. I get pretty tired of having Valfeanor's music compared to Hellsaw's, as the two could not be more different, either in musical style or subject matter. I can use between 8 and 20 riffs in one song, so the two bands really don't warrant any comparison.
Essentially all three of Valfeanor's albums deal with our awareness and perception of things around us. 'En Ny Tid' was about the fantasy world that exists on the fringes of our day to day reality, and 'Noreia' concentrated on the realities of life, which, despite the negative aspects, could also be fulfilling. 'The Eerie Constellation' takes it one step further in an exploration of both the dark things that surround us and the myriad things that are all around us, such as the constellations, and whose beauty we rarely glance at but into which we can escape if we choose to.
It is most definitely not an album that dwells on the negative aspects of our existence.
You can order "The Eerie Constellation" here, while previous Valfeanor albums are available on Amazon.com.
Last edited by Imperator on 4th March, 2021 @ 18:13 UTC
- Inferno reveal new music video
- Veter Daemonaz premiere debut album
- New Khold album out now and streaming online in full
- Saor "Origins" album streaming online in full
- Nubivagant streaming new album in full
- Sigh release new music video from upcoming album
- Arallu reveal new "Desert Shadow will Rise" single
- New Denouncement Pyre album out now and streaming online in full
- Hissing reveal new song from upcoming album
- Aparthiva Raktadhara reveal third track from recent debut album
Latest forum threads
- Forum: Random songs #4 (31)
- Album: Orgg - Dimonios (2)
- News: Google Chrome Extension for BBMA Searches (2)
- News: New Bekëth Nexëhmü track streaming online (1)
- Album: Leviathan (USA) - Massive Conspiracy Against All Life (2)
- Forum: Modern Black Metal Classics (3)
- Album: Aphelion (USA) [α] - The Chill of Heavens Abandonment (1)
- Album: Oss Nebes - Миф (1)
- News: Nubivagant release opening track from upcoming album (1)
- Album: Inhale - All Hope Is Gone (1)
- Forum: Random songs #4 (31)
Latest album reviews
Recent & upcoming releases
- Cadaveria - Emptiness27/05:
- Lord Belial - Rapture27/05:
- Massemord (NOR) - Den Svarte Sjelen01/06:
- Kreator - Hate über alles03/06:
- Striborg - The Fields of Rapacious Blood06/06:
- Denouncement Pyre - Forever Burning17/06:
- Krallice - Psychagogue17/06:
- White Ward - False Light17/06:
- Kawir - War of the Giants23/06:
- Belphegor - The Devils24/06:
- Hats Barn - Y.A.HW.E.H24/06:
- Khold - Svartsyn24/06:
- Saor - Origins24/06:
- Hulder (USA) - The Eternal Fanfare01/07:
- Tombs - Ex Oblivion13/07:
- Imperial Triumphant - Spirit of Ecstasy22/07:
- Witchery - Nightside22/07:
- Isengard - Vandreren29/07:
- Sigh - Shiki26/08:
- Behemoth (POL) - Opvs Contra Natvram16/09:
- Hetroertzen - Phosphorus Vol I16/09:
- Thou Art Lord - Daemoniorum21/09:
- Venom Inc. - There's Only Black23/09:
On This Day
Whenever you buy albums through our site, we receive a few cents for each sale, at no extra cost.
This helps us to stay online, and advert-free. Thank you for your continued support.
We are also on Patreon.