The new song, titled "Empty Eyes Hollow Temples", is the first glimpse at what to expect from the band's upcoming fourth full-length album, "Endless Scourge of Torment".
Ohio-based Black / Death Metal act Manticore are getting ready to unleash what will be their fourth full-length studio album, titled "Endless Scourge of Torment" and expected to be released this summer via Hell's Headbangers Records. While we wait, the first taste of the new album is the track "Empty Eyes Hollow Temples", which is due to premiere later today on the label's YouTube channel:
"Endless Scourge of Torment" will be the band's first album in almost 10 years. The label had this to say regarding the new material:
From the very beginning, MANTICORE managed to create a wild 'n' warring sound that marries the muscularity of death metal with the graven aura of black metal, all performed with possessed and ritualistic execution. And although they're just now set to release their fourth full-length, the power-trio have released a treasure trove of splits with the likes of Morbosidad, Bestial Mockery, Grave Upheaval, Sweden's Kill, Canada's Necroholocaust, and Obeisance among others, underlining their dedication to the true underground, when tape-trading, zines, and fliers were still king.
Still, a MANTICORE album is always a momentous event, and especially more so for the forthcoming Endless Scourge of Torment - the band's first full-length in ten interminably long years. Indeed, while they did release a split 7" with the aforementioned Kill last year, MANTICORE here sound filthier and more refreshed than ever, their pulsing 'n' pustulent sound sharper than ever. And therein lies the magic of MANTICORE in general and Endless Scourge of Torment in particular: for such a gnarly 'n' gnawing sound, one inherently drowned deep in the primordial muck, the trio evince a startling clarity, which only serves to make their ever-sturdy songwriting that much stronger.
To that, MANTICORE's songwriting here efficiently straddles the line between bursts of angular bestiality and slow 'n' swirling doom, the latter perhaps strangely crystalized by a surprise cover of Twisted Sister's "Captain Howdy." Elsewhere, Markus Kolar (ex-Kommandant, Forest of Impaled, Sarcophagus etc) provides the album's intro and subtle orchestration on various songs, and it's all topped off by nightmarishly detailed cover art courtesy of NetherTemple Design and interior art for each song by Dahmer Art.
"The more things change, the more they stay the same," or so the cliche goes. That "black/death" underground has undoubtedly changed since the year 2000, but MANTICORE are still here - still potent, still feral, still very much MANTICORE. This is the Endless Scourge of Torment the faithful deserve!
No further details from the album have been revealed yet, other than that "Endless Scourge of Torment" will be released on CD, cassette and digital formats at some point this summer, with the LP edition coming sometime in 2023.
stay tuned for more info.
0 Comments for 'Manticore premiere new track from upcoming album'
Leave a comment for 'Manticore premiere new track from upcoming album'
- New song from Runespell
- Ofnus reveal music video for "Grains of Sand"
- Valosta Varjoon reveal "BMATW" single
- Lure streaming new demo in full
- Dusk Cult present new music video
- Gråande streaming debut EP online
- Demonized present "Unleash the Devil's Bane" from new EP
- Ashtar premiere opening track from upcoming album
- Nocturnal Breed put out lyric video for "Knights of Denim"
- Fen premiere "Truth is Futility" from upcoming album
Latest forum threads
- Forum: Random songs #5 (45)
- Forum: My whole Vinyl Black-Metal collection going up for sale! (7)
- Forum: Undead Asylum (2)
- Album: Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger (9)
- Album: Ceremonial Serenare - Impura Ceremonia de Insanidad (1)
- Album: Lilith - Monolith (1)
- News: Tsjuder present "Iron Beast" single (1)
- Album: Yoth Iria - As the Flame Withers (9)
- Album: Hinthial - :𐌀𐌍𐌔𐌀𐌓: (1)
- Album: Sorg (RUS) - Absterben (1)
- Forum: Random songs #5 (45)
Latest album reviews
Recent & upcoming releases
- Be Persecuted - III08/05:
- Esoctrilihum - Astraal Constellations Of The Majickal Zodiac12/05:
- Grave Desecrator - Immundissime Spiritus12/05:
- Botanist - VIII: Selenotrope19/05:
- Heretoir - Wastelands19/05:
- Thulcandra (DEU) - Hail the Abyss19/05:
- Darkthrone - Thulcandra26/05:
- Immortal - War Against All26/05:
- Mesarthim - Arrival26/05:
- Vulture Lord - Total Blasphemic Desecration01/06:
- Burial Hordes - Ruins09/06:
- Arkona - Kob'16/06:
- Sammath - Grebbeberg16/06:
- Sigh - Live: The Eastern Force of Evil 202216/06:
- Vulture Industries - Ghosts from the Past16/06:
- Infinity - The Untamed Hunger23/06:
- Nocturnal Breed - Carry the Beast23/06:
- Tsjuder - Helvegr23/06:
- Xasthur - Rehearsals 1997-199923/06:
- Miserere Luminis - Ordalie24/06:
- Shining (SWE) - Avsändare Okänd29/06:
- Grafvitnir - Into the Outer Wilderness30/06:
- None - Inevitable30/06:
- Schattenvald - VI30/06:
- Fen - Monuments to Absence07/07:
- Akercocke - Decades of Devil Worship21/07:
- Porta Nigra - Weltende28/07:
- Körgull the Exterminator - Built to Kill01/08:
- Blut Aus Nord - Disharmonium - Nahab25/08:
- Shade Empire - Sunholy15/09: