The new split features seven songs in total, and is scheduled to be released on the 29th of April via Death Prayer Records.
U.S. Black Metal bands Crucifixion Bell and Krieg are getting ready to release a brand new split album on the 29th of April via British label Death Prayer Records. The split features seven new songs, including a Judas Iscariot cover. While we wait, the entire split is being streamed online via the BMP YouTube channel, and is due to premiere later today:
The label offered a recap of both band's careers to date:
In the space of Two years ‘The Astral Serpent’ that leads the call behind the mysterious Crucifixion Bell has pulled the imitated vails off of the USBM scene of current.
Bearing an abrupt and callus sound CRUCIFIXION BELL makes no exceptions in making you feel comfortable. Whilst they may not have the longest length in service CRUCIFIXION BELL have more than made up for this by turning out multiple exceptional razor sharp splits, a demo and a Full-Length within their timeframe that have shown them to be one of the more crucial counterparts within USBM today.
Originally forming in New Jersey in 1994 under the moniker of Imperial by what was a then 15 year old Neil Jameson. Before changing their name to KRIEG during the 'Battlegod' & 'Endless Path' demos Imperial outputted three demos before giving the Underground the first full lenght from Jameson in the form of KRIEG's 'Rise of the Imperial Hordes' in 1998.
ROFTIH firmly routed KRIEG a position within the vast array of styles of USBM at the time, drawing on multiple influences a still young Jameson clearly showing he could hold his own against an already established array of acts that would include the likes of Absu, Black Funeral, Havohej, Judas Iscariot, among others.
To date, KRIEG has given us a solid 25 years of black fucking misery stretching across a catalogue of eight full-lengths, a ridiculous amount of splits, Demos, EPs and compilations. Needless to say, each record to date has shown exactly why the band have been able to outlast most within this space. But more simply put, 2022 sees KRIEG finally giving us their first new material since 2018.
The complete tracklist for the split is as follows:
- Crucifixion Bell - Swarm of the Decimated
- Crucifixion Bell - Void of the Merciless
- Crucifixion Bell - Hand of the Night
- Crucifixion Bell - Benevolent Whore, Dethroned for Eternity (Judas Iscariot cover)
- Krieg - Incantations of Suffering Souls
- Krieg - Pulsation on the Last Day of Winter
- Krieg - The Nights Are Long But the Years Are Short
You can already pre-order the split via the Death Prayer Records Bandcamp page in digital, cassette or digipack CD formats:
Also, a limited cassette edition will be released through Crown and Throne Ltd, and a vinyl edition will follow via Goatowarex Records.
- Blodhemn release new "Fraa Djupet" single from upcoming album
- New song from Sigh
- Givre release new music video
- Skare put out song from upcoming debut album
- Sodom reveal details for 40th anniversary album (1)
- Black Anvil reveal new song from upcoming album
- Iskandr release new "Glas" single
- Abduction put out new music video
- Necromante release lyric video for "The Venom Between Gods"
- Eclesios streaming song from upcoming debut
Latest forum threads
- Forum: Random songs #4 (44)
- Album: Beastcraft - Dawn of the Serpent (1)
- News: Sodom reveal details for 40th anniversary album (1)
- Album: Ursorg - Ursorg (1)
- Album: Abbath - Dread Reaver (3)
- News: Behemoth reveal two music videos for "The Deathless Sun" (1)
- Album: Petrale - From Under the Floorboards (1)
- Album: Dakhma (CHE) - Passageways to Daena (The Concomitant Blessings of Putrescing ... (1)
- Album: Raven Dark - Berustet av Kriegsdronnet (1)
- Album: Master Burial - The Black Phoenix Will Rise From Their Ashes Pt. 1 (1)
- Forum: Random songs #4 (44)
Latest album reviews
Recent & upcoming releases
- Demonic Resurrection - Decades of Darkness22/07:
- Imperial Triumphant - Spirit of Ecstasy22/07:
- Witchery - Nightside22/07:
- Dimmu Borgir - Northern Forces over Wacken29/07:
- Isengard - Vandreren29/07:
- Einherjer - Norse and Dangerous05/08:
- Hierophant (ITA) - Death Siege26/08:
- Lustre (SWE) - A Thirst for Summer Rain26/08:
- Sigh - Shiki26/08:
- Behemoth (POL) - Opvs Contra Natvram16/09:
- Hetroertzen - Phosphorus Vol I16/09:
- Mork (NOR) - Den Svevende Festning16/09:
- Thou Art Lord - Daemoniorum21/09:
- Abhor (ITA) - Sex Sex Sex23/09:
- Nordjevel - Gnavhòl23/09:
- Venom Inc. - There's Only Black23/09:
- ColdWorld - Isolation30/09:
- Firtan - Marter30/09:
- Moonspell - From Down Below - Live 80 Meters Deep30/09:
- Power from Hell - Shadows Devouring Light30/09:
- Blodhemn - Sverger Hemn07/10:
- De Profundis (GBR) - The Corruption of Virtue07/10:
- Goatwhore - Angels Hung from the Arches of Heaven07/10:
- Abduction (GBR) - Black Blood21/10:
- Sodom - 40 Years at War - The Greatest Hell of Sodom28/10:
- Mamaleek - Diner Coffee30/10:
- Black Anvil - Regenesis04/11:
On This Day
2006: Swedish drummer Lars-Otto Viklund, known for his work with Odhinn, In Battle and Setherial, died from heart failure, aged 29.
Whenever you buy albums through our site, we receive a few cents for each sale, at no extra cost.
This helps us to stay online, and advert-free. Thank you for your continued support.
We are also on Patreon.