The song is from the upcoming album, "The Suns of Perdition - Chapter III: The Astral Drain", scheduled for release on the 22nd of July via Eisenwald.
Canadian Black Metal veterans Panzerfaust are getting ready to unleash what will be their sixth full-length album, titled "The Suns of Perdition - Chapter III: The Astral Drain", on the 22nd of July via German label Eisenwald, marking the third chapter in the planned four-part "The Suns of Perdition" series. While we wait, the album's closing track, "Tabula Rasa", was made available for listening earlier today, check it out:
The label commented on the new album's contents:
Throughout the "Suns of Perdition" tetralogy, Panzerfaust has managed to expand upon their distinct sound and infuse it with a clear vision and intensity. In the third act of the tetralogy, the band takes listeners on an incredibly immersive, yet harrowing journey to an outer darkness, documenting mankind's descent into collective madness and forcing listeners to face the mirror of a hideous reality, in all of its glorious terror, horror, and disgust.
The music contained on "The Astral Drain" is incredibly captivating and immediate, whilst retaining a strong sense of atmosphere. In particular, the intensity of the performances is truly something to behold. While many contemporaries may drift toward increased tempos in order to artificially create a sense of intensity, Panzerfaust have achieved songwriting brilliance in ensuring that every moment on "The Astral Drain" is filled with passion and purpose.
This is all the more impressive as much of the material seems purposefully composed at a more mid-tempo, allowing for these songs to be embellished with stunning details in melody, primarily provided by guitars, vocal arrangements, effective ambient sections as well as incredibly precise and deep percussion work. Specifically, the drums manage to provide a solid foundation to these monolithic tracks, while offering stunning compositional diversity and creativity. Furthermore, the band's boldness in vocal performance and delivery enhances what would already be a captivating listening experience.
As such, it is the fantastic compositional detail placed on each element throughout this record that elevates "The Astral Drain" to stand as Panzerfaust's most accomplished and ambitious work to this date, certainly warranting repeated listens.
The band's ability as songwriters are on full display here, as each song refuses to fall back on genre conventions, instead of allowing the music to develop organically, with movements in each song seeming to convulse and develop into new sections that drive the music forward. This is an impressive compositional achievement, as the shifts in musical form occur naturally, belying the fact that great effort was placed in the fluidity of the music, something that is often ignored in more "progressive" extreme metal.
The complete tracklist for the new album is as follows:
- Death-Drive Projections
- B22: The Hive and the Hole
- Bonfire of the Insanities
- The Far Bank at the River Styx
- Tabula Rasa
Here's a closer look at the artwork:
"The Suns of Perdition - Chapter III: The Astral Drain" will be available in digital, digipack CD and a plethora of vinyl LP variations, with pre-orders already live through the link below:
Last edited by Imperator on 7th June, 2022 @ 21:44 UTC
- Inferno reveal new music video
- Veter Daemonaz premiere debut album
- New Khold album out now and streaming online in full
- Saor "Origins" album streaming online in full
- Nubivagant streaming new album in full
- Sigh release new music video from upcoming album
- Arallu reveal new "Desert Shadow will Rise" single
- New Denouncement Pyre album out now and streaming online in full
- Hissing reveal new song from upcoming album
- Aparthiva Raktadhara reveal third track from recent debut album
Latest forum threads
- Forum: Random songs #4 (31)
- Album: Orgg - Dimonios (2)
- News: Google Chrome Extension for BBMA Searches (2)
- News: New Bekëth Nexëhmü track streaming online (1)
- Album: Leviathan (USA) - Massive Conspiracy Against All Life (2)
- Forum: Modern Black Metal Classics (3)
- Album: Aphelion (USA) [α] - The Chill of Heavens Abandonment (1)
- Album: Oss Nebes - Миф (1)
- News: Nubivagant release opening track from upcoming album (1)
- Album: Inhale - All Hope Is Gone (1)
- Forum: Random songs #4 (31)
Latest album reviews
Recent & upcoming releases
- Cadaveria - Emptiness27/05:
- Lord Belial - Rapture27/05:
- Massemord (NOR) - Den Svarte Sjelen01/06:
- Kreator - Hate über alles03/06:
- Striborg - The Fields of Rapacious Blood06/06:
- Denouncement Pyre - Forever Burning17/06:
- Krallice - Psychagogue17/06:
- White Ward - False Light17/06:
- Kawir - War of the Giants23/06:
- Belphegor - The Devils24/06:
- Hats Barn - Y.A.HW.E.H24/06:
- Khold - Svartsyn24/06:
- Saor - Origins24/06:
- Hulder (USA) - The Eternal Fanfare01/07:
- Tombs - Ex Oblivion13/07:
- Imperial Triumphant - Spirit of Ecstasy22/07:
- Witchery - Nightside22/07:
- Isengard - Vandreren29/07:
- Sigh - Shiki26/08:
- Behemoth (POL) - Opvs Contra Natvram16/09:
- Hetroertzen - Phosphorus Vol I16/09:
- Thou Art Lord - Daemoniorum21/09:
- Venom Inc. - There's Only Black23/09:
On This Day
Whenever you buy albums through our site, we receive a few cents for each sale, at no extra cost.
This helps us to stay online, and advert-free. Thank you for your continued support.
We are also on Patreon.