The band's next album will be titled "Shiki", and is scheduled for release on the 26th of August through Peaceville Records.
Legendary Japanese Black Metal act Sigh have just released a brand new song, titled "Mayonaka No Kaii", in the form of an arty music video courtesy of Costin Chioreanu, check it out:
The song is ninth track from the band's upcoming full-length album, "Shiki", which is due for release on the 26th of August through Peaceville Records, marking their first album since signing to the label after departing Candlelight Records, and their 12th studio album overall.
The label elaborated on what listeners can expect:
With a journey through the strange and the psychedelic, incorporating a whole eclectic mix of genre styles & experimentation throughout their career, Sigh has remained a vital creative force in the avantgarde field whilst maintaining their old school roots. ‘Shiki’ marks the latest chapter in the Sigh legacy and includes some of the band’s heaviest and darkest material for some years; a fine hybrid of at times primitive black metal akin to early influences such as Celtic Frost amid more epic melodic heavy metal riffing and solos.
The album also utilises a whole host of instruments to give further texture and dynamics to the compositions and eerie atmosphere, incorporating traditional oriental instruments such as the Shakuhachi & Sinobue flutes.
The word "Shiki" itself has various meanings in Japanese such as four seasons, time to die, conducting an orchestra, ceremony, motivation, colour. The two primary themes for the album are "four seasons" and "time to die".
The concept and artwork is based around a traditional Japanese poem, and on ‘Shiki’ Mirai explores how at this stage of life he himself is going through Autumn, with Winter coming soon, and so empathises with the contrasting sentimental feelings from watching cherry blossoms (a symbol of spring) in full bloom.
Complete tracklist is as follows:
- Kuroi Inori
- Kuroi Kage
- Satsui - Geshi No Ato
- Fuyu Ga Kuru
- Kuroi Kagami
- Mayonaka No Kaii
- Touji No Asa
Here is the artwork up close:
"Shiki" will be available in digital, CD, black vinyl LP and limited green vinyl LP formats, with pre-orders already underway:
- New Verberis album "Adumbration of the Veiled Logos" streaming online in full
- Inexorum streaming latest album in full
- Pestilent Hex streaming new album online in full ahead of next week's release
- Sever premiere new track from upcoming demo tape
- Inferno reveal new music video
- Veter Daemonaz premiere debut album
- New Khold album out now and streaming online in full
- Saor "Origins" album streaming online in full
- Nubivagant streaming new album in full
- Sigh release new music video from upcoming album
Latest forum threads
- Forum: Random songs #4 (32)
- Album: Chaos Moon - Languor into Echoes, Beyond (1)
- Album: Orgg - Dimonios (2)
- News: Google Chrome Extension for BBMA Searches (2)
- News: New Bekëth Nexëhmü track streaming online (1)
- Album: Leviathan (USA) - Massive Conspiracy Against All Life (2)
- Forum: Modern Black Metal Classics (3)
- Album: Aphelion (USA) [α] - The Chill of Heavens Abandonment (1)
- Album: Oss Nebes - Миф (1)
- News: Nubivagant release opening track from upcoming album (1)
- Forum: Random songs #4 (32)
Latest album reviews
Recent & upcoming releases
- Kreator - Hate über alles03/06:
- Striborg - The Fields of Rapacious Blood06/06:
- Denouncement Pyre - Forever Burning17/06:
- Krallice - Psychagogue17/06:
- White Ward - False Light17/06:
- Kawir - War of the Giants23/06:
- Belphegor - The Devils24/06:
- Hats Barn - Y.A.HW.E.H24/06:
- Khold - Svartsyn24/06:
- Saor - Origins24/06:
- Hulder (USA) - The Eternal Fanfare01/07:
- Tombs - Ex Oblivion13/07:
- Imperial Triumphant - Spirit of Ecstasy22/07:
- Witchery - Nightside22/07:
- Dimmu Borgir - Northern Forces over Wacken29/07:
- Isengard - Vandreren29/07:
- Einherjer - Norse and Dangerous05/08:
- Sigh - Shiki26/08:
- Behemoth (POL) - Opvs Contra Natvram16/09:
- Hetroertzen - Phosphorus Vol I16/09:
- Thou Art Lord - Daemoniorum21/09:
- Venom Inc. - There's Only Black23/09:
On This Day
1992: Satyricon released their very first demo tape, titled "All Evil". (Pictured)
Whenever you buy albums through our site, we receive a few cents for each sale, at no extra cost.
This helps us to stay online, and advert-free. Thank you for your continued support.
We are also on Patreon.