Posted by Imperator on 1st April, 2023 @ 08:20 UTCBy Imperator on 01-04-2023 @ 08:20 UTC

A couple of small changes to how users interact with the site, for a greener, sustainable future.

New SearchTokens feature
New SearchTokens feature

Moving forward, taking into consideration the dismal economic climate that looms on the horizon, along with the abrasive nature that repeated searches have on the site's infrastructure and maintenance costs, and factoring in the site's carbon footprint, will be adopting a new fee-based system for using the site's search engine.

Everyone will be allowed to use the search function 10 times free of charge per day (aka SearchTokens), but anything beyond that will carry a small fee of $0.02 USD per search (or $0.05 USD if no results were found). Advanced searches, being a lot more resource-intensive, will carry a separate fee of $0.99 USD each, and are not covered by SearchTokens. We hope this will encourage people to make more accurate and meaningful searches, or ideally, discourage its use altogether.

At midnight each day, the balance of 10 free SearchTokens will be replenished once again. You can also bulk order 1,000 SearchTokens for $15,00 USD.

8% of the proceeds will be reserved for site maintenance costs, while the remaining 92% will be submitted to various governing bodies devoted to combating the encroaching threat of Climate Change (previously known as "weather").

Thank you for your understanding, together we can Do Better.

Last edited by Imperator on 1st April, 2023 @ 23:58 UTC

for 'New SearchTokens feature'

No comments yet.
Leave a comment
for 'New SearchTokens feature'

Leave a comment
for 'New SearchTokens feature'

Create an account or log in to post comments.

Latest album reviews

Reviews for Misþyrming - Með Hamri
Með Hamri (2022)
Iceland Misþyrming
94% 4.7 star rating
By ScorchedEarth
Reviews for Setherial - Nord...
Nord... (1996)
Sweden Setherial
94% 4.7 star rating
By ScorchedEarth
Reviews for Dimmu Borgir - Inn i Evighetens Mørke
Inn i Evighetens Mørke (1994)
Norway Dimmu Borgir
80% 4.0 star rating
By Mørk
Reviews for Lamp of Murmuur - Saturnian Bloodstorm
Saturnian Bloodstorm (2023)
United States Lamp of Murmuur
95% 4.8 star rating
By ScorchedEarth
Reviews for Ánimas Defunctorum - Necrópolis Nebulosa
Necrópolis Nebulosa (2022)
Colombia Ánimas Defunctorum
95% 4.8 star rating


Buy albums online through our site's links

Whenever you buy albums through our site, we receive a few cents for each sale, at no extra cost.

This helps us to stay online, and advert-free. Thank you for your continued support.

Report an error
Report an error on this page
Return to top
Page loaded in 0.24 seconds
Loaded in 0.24 s.