The song is taken from the bonus CD of the limited box set edition of the band's upcoming 40th anniversary album "40 Years At War - The Greatest Hell Of Sodom".
Having recently revealed the details for their upcoming 40th anniversary album, German Black / Thrash Metal legends Sodom have just put out a brand new single, titled "1982", that will be featured on the bonus CD of the limited box set edition of the album. Check it out:
The album, titled "40 Years At War - The Greatest Hell Of Sodom" is planned to feature 17 re-recorded versions of existing songs, one from each of their previous records, and will be released via Steamhammer Records.
More info ...
The band just announced the details for "40 Years at War - The Greatest Hell of Sodom", featuring a re-recorded song from every previous album.
Teutonic Black / Thrash pioneers Sodom have just announced the details for their next full-length album. Marking their 40th anniversary, the new album will be titled "40 Years at War - The Greatest Hell of Sodom" and is set to feature 17 re-recorded versions of existing songs, one from each of their previous records.
Steamhammer, the band's current label, had this to say:
40 years of Sodom, 40 years of ruthless thrash metal 'Made In Germany'. What came into being in 1982 in Gelsenkirchen-Buer has lost nothing of its authenticity and rawness, not even four decades later. ...
The thrash legends revealed the EP's cover art, tracklist and format details through their facebook page, together with some info regarding their upcoming tour dates.
Teutonic thrash pioneers Sodom have revealed some details for their upcoming EP, which will be titled "Bombenhagel" (trans. "Hail of Bombs"), and is scheduled to be released on the 20th of August through SPV/Steamhammer.
The new EP will feature three new tracks, clocking in at just over 14 minutes in total:
Bombenhagel Coup de Grace Pestiferous Posse
And here's a closer look at the eye-catching cover art:
The band elaborated briefly on how the Covid situation interfered with their plans:
Originally we had planned to release the record in time for this year’s summe ...
Leading up to the release of "Epitome of Torture" next month, German legends Sodom have released a trailer for the new album.
German Thrash legends Sodom will be unleashing their 14th full length album next month, which is titled "Epitome of Torture" and will be released through SPV / Steamhammer in Germany on the 26th of April, while the release date for the rest of Europe will be on the 29th of April and the North American release date scheduled for the 7th of May.
While that is still almost a month away, the band has made a trailer for the album available so that everyone can get a taste of what they will be offering:
At the beginning of February the band hinted at the album's musical direction on thei ...
German Thrash pioneers Sodom have now revealed the cover art and tracklist for their upcoming full length, titled "Epitome of Torture".
German Thrash legends Sodom played a key role in the early years of the Black Metal scene, influencing an endless array of bands with their distinctive brand of Teutonic Black / Thrash Metal in the early 80's together with fellow Germans Kreator and Destruction. They are still going strong to this day, and a 14th Sodom album is on the horizon, the final details of which have finally been revealed.
The album in question is titled "Epitome of Torture", and at the beginning of February the band revealed the following information on their official site:
In recent months, vocalist/bassist Tom ...
German Thrash Metal legends Sodom have just revealed some details regarding their upcoming full length album, which will be named "Epitome of Torture".
German Thrash legends Sodom played a key role in the early years of the Black Metal scene, influencing an endless array of bands with their distinctive brand of Teutonic Black / Thrash Metal in the early 80's together with fellow Germans Kreator and Destruction. Because of this, we think it's worth featuring them in our news section every so often, especially when a new Sodom album is on the horizon.
The album in question is titled "Epitome of Torture", and will mark the band's 14th full length since they began in 1981. No cover art or track listing is available yet, but the band has ...
- Erzfeynd streaming "Victus" single
- Debut Rafales album out now and streaming online in full
- New track from Lykotonon
- Power From Hell streaming new album in full ahead of next week's release
- Pale Spektre put out new track
- Hadopelagyal debut album out now and streaming online in full
- Theotoxin reveal another song from upcoming album
- New track from Cavernous Gate
- Bloodaxe reveal first album in almost 10 years
- New Abhor album streaming online in full ahead of this week's release
Latest forum threads
- Forum: Random songs #4 (56)
- Album: Human Serpent - Inhumane Minimalism (1)
- Album: Exorcist (USA) - Nightmare Theatre (1)
- Album: Grand Belial's Key - Kohanic Charmers (3)
- Forum: 16 Ideal Black Metal Band Reunions (4)
- News: Changelog for update 0.29 (2)
- Album: Put / Путь - Песни смерти (2)
- Album: Slutet - Love & Beauty (2)
- Album: Panopticon - ...and Again into the Light (2)
- Forum: Please, recommend me some bands based on what I do like so far - help (1)
- Forum: Random songs #4 (56)
Latest album reviews
Recent & upcoming releases
- Behemoth (POL) - Opvs Contra Natvram16/09:
- Hetroertzen - Phosphorus - Vol. I16/09:
- Mork (NOR) - Den Svevende Festning16/09:
- Thou Art Lord - Daemoniorum21/09:
- Abhor (ITA) - Sex Sex Sex23/09:
- Gaerea - Mirage23/09:
- Nordjevel - Gnavhòl23/09:
- Venom Inc. - There's Only Black23/09:
- Aldaaron - Arcane Mountain Cult30/09:
- Caïnan Dawn - Lagu30/09:
- ColdWorld - Isolation30/09:
- Firtan - Marter30/09:
- Moonspell - From Down Below - Live 80 Meters Deep30/09:
- Power from Hell - Shadows Devouring Light30/09:
- Aara - Phthonos07/10:
- Aenaon - Mnemosyne07/10:
- Blodhemn - Sverger Hemn07/10:
- De Profundis (GBR) - The Corruption of Virtue07/10:
- Goatwhore - Angels Hung from the Arches of Heaven07/10:
- Hagetisse - De Verminkte Stilte van het Zijn14/10:
- Stormruler - Sacred Rites & Black Magick14/10:
- Gevurah (CAN) - Gehinnom15/10:
- Abduction (GBR) - Black Blood21/10:
- Darkthrone - Astral Fortress28/10:
- Sodom - 40 Years at War - The Greatest Hell of Sodom28/10:
- Theotoxin - Fragment : Totenruhe28/10:
- Mamaleek - Diner Coffee30/10:
- Bloodaxe - Gales of November01/11:
- Aurora Borealis (USA) - Prophecy Is the Mold in Which History Is Poured04/11:
- Black Anvil - Regenesis04/11:
- Drudkh - Всі належать ночі11/11:
- Kampfar - Til Klovers Takt11/11:
- Deströyer 666 - Never Surrender02/12:
- Veilburner - VLBRNR02/12:
- Woods of Desolation - The Falling Tide09/12:
On This Day
1998: Jon Nödtveidt, of Dissection fame, was sentenced to 10 years in prison for being involved in the murder of 36-year-old Josef Ben Meddour the previous year, in what became known as the Keillers Park murder, although he would only end up serving six years of his sentence. (Pictured)
Whenever you buy albums through our site, we receive a few cents for each sale, at no extra cost.
This helps us to stay online, and advert-free. Thank you for your continued support.
We are also on Patreon.