Today marks one year since we last posted anything in our news section (which as it happens is nothing more than a timely coincidence). Despite the site's news section being left in a state of complete abandon for the last year due to time constraints and life in general, we have still been working occasionally on the site behind the scenes, adding new albums here and there, optimizing this and that, and doing general site maintenance, although most of our limited time has been spent sorting through all the album contributions which our users have been submitting, and preparing ... [»]
UPDATE 29/05/2013: We are proud to announce that BestBlackMetalAlbums.com will be featured on the next 10 editions of "War Metal", a weekly radio show which is hosted by Matheus H. Guerra on Dark Radio Brazil, starting this Thursday, May 30th. This differs greatly from our original announcement on Sunday, where we announced that the site would only be featured on one show.
- - -
The "War Metal" show goes live every Thursday at 21:00 BRT (every Friday at 2:00 CEST), and is dedicated almost exclusively to the world of Black Metal. Each week's show is also repeated on the ... [»]
Just a quick note to let everyone know that we haven't forgotten about the site. We soon intend to publish all the pending news articles which we have been gathering over the last two months, and we are also going to expand our album database with 1,000 additional albums including many new releases from 2013.
We have added a few more changes to the site as some of you may have noticed, most notably the "News Search" function in the News sidebox, a "Related News" section which appears on each individual News article page showing related news items, and also News Tag links which also allow ... [»]
We have revamped the site's search engine this week, addressing various performance issues and also making the results more accurate. The search function now returns results at least 10 times faster than it did before, while the Search by Band functions are now at least 15 times faster than they were before.
Other notable changes are the "Recommended Album" sidebox, which now works independently and refreshes in real time without having to reload the entire page. The same functionality has been applied to the "Similar Albums" box that can be found at the bottom on any album profile. This ... [»]
U.S. Black Metal band Von have just released their second full length album, which is titled "Dark Gods: Seven Billion Slaves". The album was released on the 22nd of March, only six months after the release of their first full length, "Satanic Blood".
That said, "Satanic Blood" consisted of many songs which the band had already written for their 1992 demo (also titled "Satanic Blood"), so this new album is practically the band's first release to feature entirely new material in 21 years.
The album was released through the bands proprietary ... [»]
Norwegian Melodic Black / Death Metal band Keep of Kalessin are releasing new material this week in the form of a single, which is titled "Introspection". The band has produced a music video for the song, which is now available for watching on YouTube. The single was released through Indian extreme metal label Demonstealer Records, and was premiered at the Indie Recordings Label Night at the Inferno Festival in Oslo, Norway:
During the video's premiere event, Keep of Kalessin's founder Arnt "Obsidian" Grønbech revealed some unexpected news regarding the band's ... [»]
German Thrash legends Sodom will be unleashing their 14th full length album next month, which is titled "Epitome of Torture" and will be released through SPV / Steamhammer in Germany on the 26th of April, while the release date for the rest of Europe will be on the 29th of April and the North American release date scheduled for the 7th of May.
While that is still almost a month away, the band has made a trailer for the album available so that everyone can get a taste of what they will be offering:
At the beginning of February the band hinted at the album's musical direction on ... [»]
Sadly, Swedish guitarist David Parland, also known by his stage name Blackmoon, passed away last week on the 19th of March at the age of 42, with the exact cause of death still pending confirmation. The news came from the Facebook profile of fellow Swedish guitarist and life-long friend Lord Ahriman, who co-founded Dark Funeral with David in 1993. He had this to say:
A couple of days ago I was reached by the terrible news that my old brother David 'Blackmoon' Parland had passed away and entered the eternal fire once and for all. It's taken me a few days to grasp it all. And it still hurts, ... [»]
U.S. Black Metal band Woe are preparing for the release of their upcoming album, which is titled "Withdrawal" and scheduled to be released in Europe on the 22nd of April through Candlelight Records, with a North American release date set for the following day. One of the songs from the new album, titled "Exhausted", is available for streaming here.
The complete track list for the new album is as follows:
This is the End of the Story
Carried by Waves to Remorseless Shores of the Truth
All Bridges Burned
Song of My Undoing
Withdrawal ... [»]
Canadian Black Metal band Monarque have recently revealed details regarding their upcoming full length album. The new album will be titled "Lys Noir", and is scheduled to be released on CD some time in April through Canadian label Sepulchral Productions. A cassette version will be released by Les Productions Hérétiques, and an LP version is also scheduled to be released some time in 2014.
No tracklist is available yet, but the song "L'Appel de la Nuit" has been made available for streaming online, and supposedly the album's cover art is that which appears ... [»]
- New Order song streaming online (0)
- Orgrel reveal details for their debut full-length (2)
- Besatt reveal details for new full-length (0)
- New Irrlycht song streaming online (0)
- Another Agrypnie song streaming online (0)
- New Vassago album streaming online (0)
- New Aorlhac song streaming online (0)
- New Hexenklad album out now and streaming online (0)
- Debut Korpituli album streaming online (0)
- Mobile Friendly (1)
- New compilation announced by Snow Wolf Records (0)
- Debut Codex Nero album streaming online in full (0)
- Marduk confirm dates for 30th anniversary European tour (0)
- Wormwood release new music video (0)
- Horresque release "Live Chasms" concert video (0)
- New Sarinvomit album out now and streaming online (0)
- New Night Crowned music video (0)
- New Wolves in the Throne Room song online (0)
- Mayhem confirm European tour dates for 2022 (0)
- Update to Google Chrome right-click search plugin (0)
Latest forum threads
- What makes you become a black metal fan (7)
- Once in a Lifetife i, ... (5)
- Cant find some early Masterpieces ? (8)
- Random songs #2 (66)
- Random songs #1 (85)
- Disability benefits for "addiciton to heavy metal" (5)
- Who are your favourite drummers? (8)
- cat anemia (3)
- Documentary About Enslaved (0)
- A rare and interesting Black Metal Documentary from Belgium (1998) (6)
- Underrated Hardcore Punk / Crossover songs. (13)
- An Interesting Interview with Nocturno Culto. (2)
- Albums Like Nokturnal Mortum Voice of Steel (4)
- Album in the same style than Panzer Division Marduk (8)
- Documentary about Xasthur, Leviathan & Striborg (0)
- Forum: Random songs #2 (66)
- News: Orgrel reveal details for their debut full-length (2)
- Forum: What makes you become a black metal fan (7)
- News: Mobile Friendly (1)
- Forum: Once in a Lifetife i, ... (5)
- Album: Olemus - Bitter Tears (1)
- Forum: Cant find some early Masterpieces ? (8)
- Album: Kreator - Pleasure to Kill (2)
- Album: The Ruins of Beverast - Rain upon the Impure (41)
- Album: Slayer - Hell Awaits (2)
- Album: Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss (3)
- Album: Gallowbraid - Ashen Eidolon (1)
- Forum: Who are your favourite drummers? (8)
- Album: Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant (3)
- Album: Behemoth (POL) - The Satanist (9)
Latest album reviews
Recent & upcoming releases
On This Day
1992: The Revheim Church in Stavanger, Norway, was partially destroyed during an arson attack, although there were no suspects.
Poll #7: Live albums
Do you want to see live albums accepted onto the site?
Total votes: 7
Report an error
Use this form to report any errors, bugs or incorrect information on this page:
Last album update: 31st July, 2021
Last news update: 31st July, 2021
Users online: 3
Visitors online: 13
Total albums: 65,634
Total reviews: 167
Total news items: 448
Total forum threads: 15
Total band profiles: 47
Check out the Statistics page for full stats.
Fonts by Manfred Klein and Frik Rodriguez. Logo inspired by Opferblut.
Image courtesy of Pixabay.