- New Nightbringer / Acherontas split (0)
- 1,000 Black Metal albums & beyond (1)
- New Nocte Obducta album 29th June (2)
- A day of French Black Metal (3)
- Kings of Black II: Darkthrone (1)
"The Ruins of Edom" is the title of a new split album that is the product of the collaboration between U.S. Black Metal band Nightbringer and Greek Black Metal band Acherontas. "The Ruins of Edom" will be released in Europe via Polish record label Agonia Records.
The track listing for "The Ruins of Edom" is as follows:
Nightbringer - Ingress (The Gates of Edom)
Nightbringer - Mare
Nightbringer - The Grave Earths Son
Acherontas - Layil
Acherontas - Reverence for the Scarlet Goddess
Nightbringer are a Black Metal band from Green Mountain Falls in Colorado, United ... [»]
We are proud to announce that we have recently reached and surpassed the 1,000 Black Metal album mark, a target we were hoping to achieve by the end of the year. Thanks to our editors and contributors alike, we have reached the 1,000 album target six months ahead of schedule, and we have set a new target of 2,000 albums to be reached before January 1st, 2013.
Our 1,000th album to be included was Tvangeste - FireStorm, a Russian Symphonic Black Metal album from 2002.
We would like to thank everyone who has supported BestBlackMetalAlbums.com and contributed to us, and remind everyone else ... [»]
German Black Metal veterans Nocte Obducta, who recently re-formed in 2011 and released the album "Verderbnis - Der Schnitter Kratzt An Jeder Tür" after splitting up in 2006, are set to release what will be their ninth full length studio recording on the 29th of June.
The title of Nocte Obducta's new album is "Umbriel (Das Schweigen Zwischen Den Sternen)", which translates into English as "Umbriel - The Silence Between the Stars", although not much is known yet about the track listing or exact line-up.
Nocte Obducta were originally formed in Mainz, Germany, in 1993 under the name ... [»]
France have long since been established as one of the genre's most important and prolific countries, with countless bands producing some of the most original and high quality Black Metal albums of recent years. Today is a fine day for French Black Metal, with three of France's most prominent Black Metal bands releasing new material.
Deathspell Omega - Drought
First up, one of France's most well known Black Metal acts, Deathspell Omega, who are based in Poitiers and have been active since 1998, are set to release a new EP titled "Drought". As with all their studio recordings since 2004, ... [»]
This week, continuing where we left off with our Kings of Black series of articles, we will take a look at none other than Darkthrone, one of Norway's longest standing and most influential Black Metal bands of all time, playing a key role in the evolution of the genre.
Throughout their 25 year history Darkthrone have released a total of 14 full length studio albums, as well as 4 demos and numerous compliation albums, including some of the genre's most influential and revered works such as "A Blaze in the Northern Sky", "Under a Funeral Moon" and "Transilvanian Hunger".
Click here to ... [»]
Today we proudly present what will be an extensive series of articles titled Kings of Black, presenting background information and detailed biographies for some of Black Metal's most prolific and well known bands.
We will start off by presenting two of Scandinavia's most influential and long lasting Black Metal bands: Mayhem from Norway, and Marduk from Sweden.
For Mayhem, being one of the most controversial Black Metal bands, we have focused slightly on resuming the well known albeit frequently exaggerated events surrounding the band during the early years of the Norwegian ... [»]
Fans of Black Metal will be pleased to hear that Marduk, one of Sweden's pioneering Black Metal bands, will soon release their 12th full length album, titled "Serpent Sermon", on the 25th of May in Germany, Austria, Norway and Switzerland, and on the 28th of May for the rest of Europe. The release date for Australia and New Zealand is the 1st of June, while fans in North America will have to wait until the 5th of June.
This album will be the follow-up to their 2009 release "Wormwood", and will be their first album to be released through Century Media, in partnership with their own label. The ... [»]
It has sadly been confirmed that Trond "Trondr Nefas" Bråthen, known by many as the singer, lead guitarist and co-founder of Norwegian Black Metal band Urgehal, passed away on the 12th of May from natural causes at the age of 34. Urgehal released an official statement on the 16th of May, mourning the loss of Trondr Nefas:
The greatest is gone. Trondr Nefas, our dearest friend and companion for more than 20 years, suddenly passed away last week. He died a peaceful and natural death at one of his favourite places, surrounded by woods and crystal lakes. Thanks for all the years with ... [»]
Almost one year after the site's first inception, we have decided to give BestBlackMetalAlbums.com a much needed overhaul, not only giving the site a complete re-design, but also incorporating countless new options to help users while browsing our growing Black Metal album database.
Most important of all is the all new Search feature, which works in a similar fashion to any standard search box. Just type in the criteria you want to filter, (album title, band name, country, year, subgenre, song title, etc...) and all matching albums will be shown in the results.
It should be noted that ... [»]
- Ifernach reveal detail about an upcoming album (0)
- Sarke reveal another single from upcoming album (0)
- Unanimated reveal details for next album (0)
- Gaahls Wyrd reveal details for new EP and stream title track (0)
- New Storm of Kaos demo streaming online in full (1)
- Vredensdal reveal details for next album (0)
- Proscriptor McGovern's Apsû reveal new lyric video from upcoming Full-length (2)
- Pale Mist announce new album and premiere new Single (0)
- Cradle of Filth reveal new music video from upcoming full-length (0)
- Hate reveal new music video from upcoming album (0)
- Dark Funeral announce upcoming album in the works (0)
- New Lamp of Murmuur album out now and streaming online (0)
- Owl Cave debut album streaming online in full, releasing CD & LP tomorrow (0)
- Necromantia release new single in form of lyric video (0)
- Alda premiere another song from upcoming album (0)
- Helheim release new single from upcoming album (0)
- New Antichrist Siege Machine music video online (0)
- Sarke streaming first single from upcoming full-length (0)
- Bornholm announce new album and premiere new music video (0)
- Negură Bunget reveal details for final album and premiere new single (0)
Latest forum threads
- The weirdest band history you heard (5)
- Sodom documentary - "Lords of Depravity" (0)
- Random songs #3 (38)
- RIP Joey Jordison (0)
- What makes you become a black metal fan (7)
- Once in a Lifetife i, ... (5)
- Cant find some early Masterpieces ? (8)
- Random songs #2 (100)
- Random songs #1 (85)
- Disability benefits for "addiciton to heavy metal" (5)
- Who are your favourite drummers? (8)
- cat anemia (7)
- Documentary About Enslaved (0)
- A rare and interesting Black Metal Documentary from Belgium (1998) (6)
- Underrated Hardcore Punk / Crossover songs. (13)
- Album: Buhbuhluh - Mußdfeigreine (1)
- Forum: Random songs #3 (38)
- Album: Apostoł - Kurwy i Śmiecie (1)
- News: New Storm of Kaos demo streaming online in full (1)
- News: Proscriptor McGovern's Apsû reveal new lyric video from upcoming Full-length (2)
- Album: Ethereal Sin - Time of Requiem - Part I (1)
- Album: Ur (COL) - R'lyeh (2)
- Album: Mantra Anguis - Hermético Ritual en un Putrefacto Funeral (1)
- Album: Cerberum - Spiritual Black Ritual (1)
- Album: Agrestia - M.I.S.T. (1)
- Album: Nox (COL) - Ancestral Arte Negro (1)
- Album: Arkanus Mors - Cthonos Kathabasis (1)
- Album: Summoning - Old Mornings Dawn (4)
- Album: Numinous - Numinous (5)
- Album: Caladan Brood - Echoes of Battle (3)
- Forum: Random songs #3 (38)
Latest album reviews
Recent & upcoming releases
On This Day
Poll #7: Live albums
Do you want to see live albums accepted onto the site?
Total votes: 9