- New Nachtmystium album 31st July (2)
- New Nightbringer / Acherontas split
- 1,000 Black Metal albums & beyond (1)
- New Nocte Obducta album 29th June (2)
- A day of French Black Metal (3)
U.S. Black Metal band Nachtmystium is scheduled to release their new album "Silencing Machine" on the 31st of July.
Nachtmystium, one of North America's better known Black Metal bands, are scheduled to release their sixth full length studio album on the 31st of July through Century Media Records.
The new album's title is Silencing Machine, and the track list is as follows:
Dawn Over the Ruin of Jerusalem
And I Control You
The Lepers of Destitution
Borrowed Hope and Broken Dreams
I Wait in Hell
Reduced to Ashes
Give Me the Grave
These Rooms in Which We Weep
Nachtmystium was formed by Blake Judd and Pat McCormick in Chicago in 2000, and since ...
"The Ruins of Edom", a new split album between U.S. Black Metal band Nightbringer and Greek Black Metal band Acherontas, is now available.
"The Ruins of Edom" is the title of a new split album that is the product of the collaboration between U.S. Black Metal band Nightbringer and Greek Black Metal band Acherontas. "The Ruins of Edom" will be released in Europe via Polish record label Agonia Records.
The track listing for "The Ruins of Edom" is as follows:
Nightbringer - Ingress (The Gates of Edom)
Nightbringer - Mare
Nightbringer - The Grave Earths Son
Acherontas - Layil
Acherontas - Reverence for the Scarlet Goddess
Nightbringer are a Black Metal band from Green Mountain Falls in Colorado, United ...
Recently BestBlackMetalAlbums.com surpassed the 1,000 album mark, six months ahead of target. Next stop: 2,000 Black Metal Albums.
We are proud to announce that we have recently reached and surpassed the 1,000 Black Metal album mark, a target we were hoping to achieve by the end of the year. Thanks to our editors and contributors alike, we have reached the 1,000 album target six months ahead of schedule, and we have set a new target of 2,000 albums to be reached before January 1st, 2013.
Our 1,000th album to be included was Tvangeste - FireStorm, a Russian Symphonic Black Metal album from 2002.
We would like to thank everyone who has supported BestBlackMetalAlbums.com and contributed to us, and remind everyone else ...
The new Nocte Obducta album, titled "Umbriel (Das Schweigen zwischen den Sternen)", is scheduled to be released on the 29th of June.
German Black Metal veterans Nocte Obducta, who recently re-formed in 2011 and released the album "Verderbnis - Der Schnitter Kratzt An Jeder Tür" after splitting up in 2006, are set to release what will be their ninth full length studio recording on the 29th of June.
The title of Nocte Obducta's new album is "Umbriel (Das Schweigen Zwischen Den Sternen)", which translates into English as "Umbriel - The Silence Between the Stars", although not much is known yet about the track listing or exact line-up.
Nocte Obducta were originally formed in Mainz, Germany, in 1993 under the name Desihra, ...
Today three of France's most prominent Black Metal bands are scheduled to release new material: Deathspell Omega, Merrimack and Blacklodge.
France have long since been established as one of the genre's most important and prolific countries, with countless bands producing some of the most original and high quality Black Metal albums of recent years. Today is a fine day for French Black Metal, with three of France's most prominent Black Metal bands releasing new material.
Deathspell Omega - Drought
First up, one of France's most well known Black Metal acts, Deathspell Omega, who are based in Poitiers and have been active since 1998, are set to release a new EP titled "Drought". As with all their studio recordings since 2004, ...
This week we take a look at one of Norway's longest standing and most influential Black Metal bands: Darkthrone.
This week, continuing where we left off with our Kings of Black series of articles, we will take a look at none other than Darkthrone, one of Norway's longest standing and most influential Black Metal bands of all time, playing a key role in the evolution of the genre.
Throughout their 25 year history Darkthrone have released a total of 14 full length studio albums, as well as 4 demos and numerous compliation albums, including some of the genre's most influential and revered works such as "A Blaze in the Northern Sky", "Under a Funeral Moon" and "Transilvanian Hunger".
Click here to ...
Presenting a new series of articles where we will provide details for some of the most well known Black Metal bands, starting with Scandinavian legends Marduk & Mayhem.
Today we proudly present what will be an extensive series of articles titled Kings of Black, presenting background information and detailed biographies for some of Black Metal's most prolific and well known bands.
We will start off by presenting two of Scandinavia's most influential and long lasting Black Metal bands: Mayhem from Norway, and Marduk from Sweden.
For Mayhem, being one of the most controversial Black Metal bands, we have focused slightly on resuming the well known albeit frequently exaggerated events surrounding the band during the early years of the Norwegian ...
Swedish Black Metal kings Marduk will release their 12th full length album, "Serpent Sermon", on the 28th of May.
Fans of Black Metal will be pleased to hear that Marduk, one of Sweden's pioneering Black Metal bands, will soon release their 12th full length album, titled "Serpent Sermon", on the 25th of May in Germany, Austria, Norway and Switzerland, and on the 28th of May for the rest of Europe. The release date for Australia and New Zealand is the 1st of June, while fans in North America will have to wait until the 5th of June.
This album will be the follow-up to their 2009 release "Wormwood", and will be their first album to be released through Century Media, in partnership with their own label. The ...
Trond "Trondr Nefas" Bråthen, singer and lead guitarist of Norwegian Black Metal band Urgehal, has died from natural causes, aged 34.
It has sadly been confirmed that Trond "Trondr Nefas" Bråthen, known by many as the singer, lead guitarist and co-founder of Norwegian Black Metal band Urgehal, passed away on the 12th of May from natural causes at the age of 34. Urgehal released an official statement on the 16th of May, mourning the loss of Trondr Nefas:
The greatest is gone. Trondr Nefas, our dearest friend and companion for more than 20 years, suddenly passed away last week. He died a peaceful and natural death at one of his favourite places, surrounded by woods and crystal lakes. Thanks for all the years with ...
BestBlackMetalAlbums.com celebrates its first anniversary with dozens of new features, a brand new design, and over 600 more albums added to the database.
Almost one year after the site's first inception, we have decided to give BestBlackMetalAlbums.com a much needed overhaul, not only giving the site a complete re-design, but also incorporating countless new options to help users while browsing our growing Black Metal album database.
Most important of all is the all new Search feature, which works in a similar fashion to any standard search box. Just type in the criteria you want to filter, (album title, band name, country, year, subgenre, song title, etc...) and all matching albums will be shown in the results.
It should be noted that ...
- Anachronism new album out now and streaming online in full
- Aara put out track from "Triade III: Nyx"
- Enslaved reveal new music video
- ...and Oceans streaming new album in full ahead of Friday's release
- Hellripper put out title track from upcoming album
- Verminous Serpent premiere track from upcoming debut
- Total Hate put out another track from next album
- Burial Hordes release song from upcoming album (1)
- Lamp of Murmuur premiere new track (2)
- Thy Darkened Shade streaming new album in full
Latest forum threads
- Forum: Random songs #5 (4)
- Album: Pestilential Shadows - Depths (1)
- Album: Darvulia - Belladone (1)
- Album: Blood Stained Dusk - Dirge of Death's Silence (1)
- Album: Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane (7)
- Album: Akitsa - Goétie (1)
- News: Burial Hordes release song from upcoming album (1)
- News: Lamp of Murmuur premiere new track (2)
- Album: Apocalyptic Leaders - Eternity (Instrumental version) (3)
- Album: Ungeheuer - Nachtherrscher (1)
Latest album reviews
Recent & upcoming releases
- Abysmal Lord - Bestiary of Immortal Hunger30/12:
- Satanic Warmaster - Aamongandr30/12:
- Decayed - Live 199303/01:
- Drowning the Light - Lurker of the Void08/01:
- Drowning the Light - The Ghost of a Flea10/01:
- Thy Darkened Shade - Liber Lvcifer II: Mahapralaya10/01:
- Drowning the Light - Haunter of the Deep13/01:
- Grá - Lycaon13/01:
- Imperium Dekadenz - Into Sorrow Evermore20/01:
- ...and Oceans - As in Gardens, So in Tombs27/01:
- Bizarrekult - Den Tapte Krigen27/01:
- Darkthrone - Goatlord: Original10/02:
- Deviser - Evil Summons Evil10/02:
- Primordial - A Journey's End - Volume 210/02:
- Hellripper - Warlocks Grim & Withered Hags17/02:
- Tulus - Fandens Kall17/02:
- Azaghal - Alttarimme on Luista Tehty24/02:
- Total Hate - Marching Towards Humanicide24/02:
- Enslaved - Heimdal03/03:
- Minenwerfer - Feuerwalze10/03:
- Downfall of Gaia - Silhouettes of Disgust17/03:
- Mystic Circle - Erzdämon17/03:
- Cruachan - The Living and the Dead24/03:
- Ihsahn - Fascination Street Sessions24/03:
- Keep of Kalessin - Katharsis24/03:
- Mork (NOR) - Dypet24/03:
- Lamp of Murmuur - Saturnian Bloodstorm26/03:
- Aara - Triade III: Nyx31/03:
- Demonstealer - The Propaganda Machine31/03: