- Gorgoroth singer kicked from band (6)
- YouTube previews now available (1)
- Time for a break after 666 Videos (4)
- New Deiphago album out now
- Impaled Nazarene DVD in October (3)
Thomas "Pest" Kronenes, vocalist for Norwegian Black Metal band Gorgoroth, has been kicked from the band for not prioritising their upcoming tour of South America.
Thomas Kronenes, more commonly known by his stage name Pest, has been kicked out of Norwegian Black Metal band Gorgoroth for not prioritising the band's upcoming South American tour in September. The band has issued the following statement on their website:
Out of respect for and loyalty to Gorgoroth's audience and collaborators, Infernus has kicked Pest out of the band, effective immediately. This after Pest informed the band that he would not be prioritizing doing the upcoming Latin American Tour after all, just two weeks before the band was set to depart for Brazil. Infernus has decided ...
YouTube previews now available
Some of our albums now feature the possibility to directly access a sample track on our YouTube channel.
The latest addition to our arsenal of functionalities on BestBlackMetalAlbums.com is the option to preview albums through our official YouTube channel. If an album has this option, the preview will appear as a link in the song list underneath the album's cover on the left hand side, as can be seen in the image above.
To begin with, there are approximately 150 albums with this feature, the majority of these being albums that are in our Top 100 Black Metal Albums list. We will be adding the links to the remaining songs from our YouTube channel for each album over the coming days.
Time for a break after 666 Videos
We are taking a short break from video uploads after uploading our 666th Black Metal song to our YouTube channel. Subscribe and enjoy.
After uploading our 666th Black Metal song to our official BestBlackMetalAlbums.com YouTube Channel, we are going to take a break from video uploads while we concentrate on other aspects of the site, such as linking each album with it's corresponding YouTube video and more importantly, adding more album reviews.
For those of you that have already subscribed to us, we hope you have enjoyed all the songs we have uploaded, and that you have found our channel useful for finding out new bands and great Black Metal albums. For everyone else, get over there, check out our channel, and if you like ...
Filipino Black Metal band Deiphago have recently released their third album, titled "Satan Alpha Omega".
One of the Philippines' premier Black Metal acts, Deiphago have recently released their third full length studio recording, titled "Satan Alpha Omega", through U.S. label Hell's Headbangers Records.
Deiphago was founded in Manila, Philippines in 1989, and the band released three demos before relocating to Costa Rica in 2004. Shortly afterwards they released their first full length album titled "Satanik Eon" in 2006, and their follow-up album "Filipino Antichrist" in 2009. Deiphago have also released two EPs as well as participating on various compilations and split albums.
Deiphago - ...
Finnish Black Metal band Impaled Nazarene are scheduled to release a DVD on the 31st of October featuring their 20th anniversary show from 2010.
Finnish Black Metal band Impaled Nazarene are scheduled to release a DVD featuring a recording of their 20th Anniversary Show from the at 20th of November, 2010, played at Henry's Pub in Helsinki, Finland. The DVD will be available on the 31st of October, and also includes a bonus DVD featuring their live performance at the Steelfest Festival on the 18th of May, 2012 in Hyvinkää, Finland.
Their 20th Anniversary performance also marked the release of their 11th full length album, "Road to the Octagon", and the DVD consists of a breathtaking 39 songs spanning their entire career. The bonus ...
U.S. Black Metal band Krallice will release their fourth full length album, "Years Past Matter", on the 25th of August.
U.S. Black Metal band Krallice are scheduled to release their upcoming album, "Years Past Matter", on the 25th of August. This will mark their fourth full length studio recording, and the first to be released by the band themselves instead of Canadian record label Profound Lore, who have handled all of the band's other releases to date. That said, the vinyl edition will be released on the 16th of October by Gilead Media who have also released the vinyl editions of all Krallice's previous albums.
Stay tuned for further info.
Ukrainian Black Metal band Khors are due to release their fifth full length album, "Wisdom of Centuries", on the 11th of September.
Ukrainian Pagan Black Metal band Khors will be releasing their fifth full length studio recording, titled "Wisdom of Centuries", on the 11th of September through British label Candlelight Records.
Khors was formed in Kharkiv, Ukraine, by Aleksandr "Khorus" Bogatikov after leaving fellow Ukrainian band Astrofaes in 2004. Since then the band has released four full length albums, as well as one compilation album and two DVDs featuring a collection of live performances.
The track list for "Wisdom of Centuries" is as follows:
Through the Clouds of the Past
Black Forest's Flaming Eyes
An error regarding the Poll voting system has been detected, and fixed.
In case you have tried to vote in our Poll during the last week or so but have been surprised to find that the Poll had already been sent, the reason for this is that a recently detected bug was preventing some users from correctly registering their votes.
This has now been fixed, and we apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that this bug may have caused.
Romanian Pagan Black Metal band Dordeduh, formed by ex-members of Negură Bunget, are set to release their first full length album "Dar De Duh" on the 28th of September.
Romanian Pagan Black Metal band Dordeduh are set to release their debut full length album, titled "Dar De Duh", on the 28th of September through German record label Prophecy Productions. The band's only other release to date has been 2010's "Valea Omului" EP.
Musically, Dordeduh bears many resemblances to Negură Bunget, as can be heard on their "Valea Omului" EP, and their new album will no doubt be a continuation of this trend.
The track list for Dar De Duh has already been confirmed:
Jind De Tronuri
Calea Rotilor De Foc
German Black Metal band Eïs, formerly known as Geïst, are scheduled to release their upcoming album "Wetterkreuz" on the 28th of September.
German Black Metal band Eïs are set to release "Wetterkreuz", their third full length album, on the 28th of September through German record label Prophecy Productions. Eïs originally formed in 2005 in Bielefeld, Germany, under the name Geïst, but were forced to change their name in March 2010 after a rock band called Geist from Cologne threatened them with lawsuits.
During their time as Geïst, the band released three full length albums. These were "Patina" in 2005, "Kainsmal" in 2006, and "Galeere" in 2009, as well as one EP titled "In den Werften der Galeere", also ...
- Valosta Varjoon reveal "BMATW" single
- Lure streaming new demo in full
- Dusk Cult present new music video
- Gråande streaming debut EP online
- Demonized present "Unleash the Devil's Bane" from new EP
- Ashtar premiere opening track from upcoming album
- Nocturnal Breed put out lyric video for "Knights of Denim"
- Fen premiere "Truth is Futility" from upcoming album
- Burnt Offering reveal opening track from upcoming album
- Sarvekas reveal track from upcoming debut
Latest forum threads
- Forum: My whole Vinyl Black-Metal collection going up for sale! (7)
- Forum: Undead Asylum (2)
- Album: Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger (9)
- Album: Ceremonial Serenare - Impura Ceremonia de Insanidad (1)
- Album: Lilith - Monolith (1)
- Forum: Random songs #5 (42)
- News: Tsjuder present "Iron Beast" single (1)
- Album: Yoth Iria - As the Flame Withers (9)
- Album: Hinthial - :𐌀𐌍𐌔𐌀𐌓: (1)
- Album: Sorg (RUS) - Absterben (1)
Latest album reviews
Recent & upcoming releases
- Horn - 20 Jahre05/05:
- Krallice - Porous Resonance Abyss05/05:
- Be Persecuted - III08/05:
- Esoctrilihum - Astraal Constellations Of The Majickal Zodiac12/05:
- Grave Desecrator - Immundissime Spiritus12/05:
- Botanist - VIII: Selenotrope19/05:
- Heretoir - Wastelands19/05:
- Thulcandra (DEU) - Hail the Abyss19/05:
- Darkthrone - Thulcandra26/05:
- Immortal - War Against All26/05:
- Mesarthim - Arrival26/05:
- Vulture Lord - Total Blasphemic Desecration01/06:
- Burial Hordes - Ruins09/06:
- Arkona - Kob'16/06:
- Sammath - Grebbeberg16/06:
- Sigh - Live: The Eastern Force of Evil 202216/06:
- Vulture Industries - Ghosts from the Past16/06:
- Infinity - The Untamed Hunger23/06:
- Nocturnal Breed - Carry the Beast23/06:
- Tsjuder - Helvegr23/06:
- Xasthur - Rehearsals 1997-199923/06:
- Miserere Luminis - Ordalie24/06:
- Shining (SWE) - Avsändare Okänd29/06:
- Grafvitnir - Into the Outer Wilderness30/06:
- None - Inevitable30/06:
- Fen - Monuments to Absence07/07:
- Shade Empire - Sunholy15/09:
On This Day
1984: After a brief two-year existence, legendary Swiss band Hellhammer was laid to rest, and Celtic Frost was established the following day.